Monday, June 16, 2008

MPM--Welcome Summer Edition

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous Father's Day. We had family over for a barbecue, which, of course, my house celebrated in the usual fashion: by breaking something and causing a flood. I am starting to think my house has a personality disorder and gets huffy on holidays. Usually it's the sewer line. Yesterday it was one of the air conditioning units. There are towels all over the basement. Gotta love it. At least we had a techie brother in law and nephew already here for dinner and they could lend mechanical assistance, moral support, and help mop. And, of course, this is NOTHING compared to what all those Iowans are going through. (Though interestingly my house also flooded during Katrina, so maybe it's a sympathy thing?) Even my minor flood is a complete pain in the patoot and I can only imagine what they are going through there.

Oh, yeah, dinner.

Monday: BBQ leftovers for me (lots of good salads, including this one, which is even better today, and this one, an old favorite, though I used vinegar instead of lemon juice) and probably sandwiches for the kids as Dad is working late.

Tuesday: the "real" BBQ leftovers (hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken) for the boys as I'm out at a goodbye party for someone I used to work with.

Wednesday: I'm out to dinner again (woohoo!) so I'll bet you now the rest of the family has noodles.

Thursday: My favorite chicken burgers. (Can't wait to try Oprah's favorite turkey burgers, but that will have to wait for some other week when I don't have the ingredients for this.)

Friday: Out for pizza, of course. I can live with this.

Have a good week, everyone. May everything and everyone you love stay safe and dry. For more inspiring menus, try here.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

That's my kind of leftovers!

We had steak Quesadillas and I had a steak salad with our leftover BBQ stuff, right down to the corn I cut off the cob and threw on my salad.

Pizza...Friday...I'm doing it, too!