Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mistakes Were Made

Too strong a title for this post, but it was stuck in my head.

I made the Monster Dough Cookie Bites tonight, without the baking soda because I am one of those people who doesn't love cookie dough. Cookies, yes, but the dough I can take or leave.

Mistakes: thinking these could be an "energy bite." They are not. They are cookies.

Using the good Trader Joe's peanut butter for this. It was creamy, and chunky would help, and it is one of those almost-pourable peanut butters, which didn't help it set. But it helped me feel better about the huge amount of sugars in these.

Waiting so long to make them. These are yummy, though I might honestly be the only one in my house who thinks so.

Using my "little" scoop. I only got about 18 cookies, so they should be half this size. That would probably be an improvement.

This is a good basic recipe. I will tinker with it. Me being me, I think coconut would be an awesome addition but I could be wrong. For my purposes too I will probably use 1/4 c chocolate chips and M&Ms, but they are very decadent this way!

Monster Cookie Dough Bites {naturally gluten free recipe}
Yields: 30-36 cookie dough bites, depending on size
(printable recipe)

3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (optional, but it adds a distinct "dough" flavor)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini m&m candies

Stir together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, syrup and vanilla until creamy. Add the oats and stir again. Add the chocolate chips and m&m candies and stir once more. Scoop into 1" balls and smooth with your hands. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Bring to room temperature before serving, if desired. The cookie bites will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for 3-4 months. Enjoy!
- See more at: http://www.barefeetinthekitchen.com/2013/04/monster-cookie-dough-bites-recipe.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BarefeetInTheKitchen+(Barefeet+In+The+Kitchen)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher#sthash.X5iZVyxQ.dpuf

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

They sound wonderful. Hope you're having a good summer. Thinking of you.