Monday, May 7, 2012

MPM--Rocket Ride to June Continues

Is there anything better than leftover party food? I was humming as I put the food away, prepacking them in little containers ready for lunches this week. Which was good because I am exhausted! What a wonderful weekend. My aunt & uncle were here from California which kicked things off in style, and then the First Communion was wonderful. My son did one of the reading parts, and was terrific; and his experience was great. He was appropriately solemn in taking the host, and really had a sense of the grandeur of it all, as well as the huge family support, which was wonderful. The party afterwards went well (hoagies and tacos ftw!) and my work event the next day was good as well. Now it is time to collapse in a heap. Oh wait. There's that job I love and they want me to, you know, show up. Collapsing in heaps is overrated.

Monday: apricot chicken (mix dump and bake? yes please), rice, salad, and some vegetable rattling around my drawer.

Tuesday: leftover steak tacos from the taco bar (LOVED that taco bar, btw--highly recommended).

Wednesday: Pork tenderloin (see below) in honor of the friend who gave me the recipe, kale chips, rice

Thursday: Clean Out Refrigerator Night. Brie for dinner? Works for me.

Friday: Freezer meal night

I was so happy last week to revisit the chicken with leeks (on my sidebar) and where it had a tepid reception last time, this time, it was really enjoyed by all, so that was nice. I didn't do a lot of cooking otherwise...it was a crazy week getting ready for the communion and did I mention the lice? No? Let us never speak of them again. Grossest thing ever. And made me want to cry with all the extra work it entailed in a week with zero extra minutes.

In cleaning out the shelves for the party (nothing like a big family deal to give a fresh eye to the place--my house looks so much better now, but alas, still screams "ready for a purge"), I came across a few other recipes we hadn't used in a while, so I'll be breaking those out. One of them was the pork tenderloin, which had been a huge hit before, and easy, so I'm glad to pull that out again.

Joanne's Orange Pork Tenderloin

1 C fresh orange juice (I use bottled)
1/3 C soy sauce
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tbs fresh chopped rosemary
3 cloves minced garlic
2 (12 oz) pork tenderloins

Mix all ingredients and pour over pork. Marinate covered in fridge anywhere from 1-10 hours. Drain, reserving marinade. Cook pork on hot grill for 20 minutes or until through. Maybe baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cut in to thin slices. Bring reserve marinade to boil in a sauce pan and serve with pork.

The author notes that it became such a signature dish that "Yes, we served pork tenderloin again" became a standing joke in her family. Hey, we'd come.

Wishing you a great week and a lovely May! Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie! for more meal plans.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well. I've been thinking of you.

That orange pork looks wonderful, I'll have to try it soon. Lice? *shudder* So sorry.