Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Never Know...

I don't think anyone has me on an RSS feed (not that I know what that is) but it just occurred to me that if they do, I probably flooded them yesterday. No, I wasn't trying to cheat on NaBloPoMo (though I am feeling the pressure!) but it was the first time in a while I got to poke around my blog dashboard and realized there were a ton of posts in there that I thought were posted ages ago but were still sitting in the "draft" folder for no apparent reason. Some I deleted (lots were either no longer relevant or went nowhere--I know--that never seemed to stop me before!) but others should have always been there, tucked in at the point in time where they should have been.

And, in the giveaway column...don't miss the fabu Oprah giveaway, today only. Snapfish is giving a free 8x11 book, inspired by the clutter busting guru Peter Walsh. Wow, I wish he'd show up at my house (next week). His great idea for storing artwork is to take pictures of the pieces, send to Snapfish, and make a book of them so you can throw out the originals. I like the idea though I would miss the texture of some. On the other hand, lots of the collage-y things they make dry out and fall apart anyway. But for free? I'm totally willing to try it and see how it goes.

I will have to sort through my current solution, which is pretty easy--we have big flat storage boxes (like these but flatter) that we put things in after they have been in the "gallery." We have a thing from Ikea that's like a clothesline for hanging art, so we can display stuff first. Which helps with the fridge, though by no means solves it.

Meanwhile, you know that house on Oprah's clutter cleanup tour? Yeah, that looks like my house right now. I simultaneously pray for and fear a visit from that crew! I'm glad to hear him say that it's common because I feel like I am the worst housekeeper I know. And does it reflect my life? Um...probably. How does he do all that in five minutes?!

Finally, thanks for the comments on my friendship posts, and for understanding my point instead of getting huffy ("well, I *thought* we were friends!"). The real point is that I love you all and don't have enough time to spend with you, whereever you are on my friendship chain--new, old, or renewed. I'm working on more time with women in my life in this house full of testosterone. Thanks for being an ear to my frustration!

No comments: