Monday, April 7, 2008

Who Knew?

Hmm. On my daily bloghopping, I wandered over to Well Read Hostess and found myself tagged for a meme. This, I suppose, is what happens when you call yourself "MemeGRL" for fear of needing writing prompts. I was startled as I hadn't even realized WRH had been here (Hi Kristen!) but am happy to participate, and to steer you over to her, since her blog is flipping hilarious.

The Rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry.


Unimportant thing #1: I am secretly thrilled that our circa 1952 garage is too narrow to park my car AND open the door in at the same time. It gives me more space to junk up with things like freezers and bikes.

Unimportant thing #2: Last year I had some "mad money" and hired a gardener to plant bulbs all over my lawn, especially crocus since I adore them. The damn squirrels ate everything but the daffodils. Now I am just bitter about my lawn every spring...but my daffodils are gorgeous.

Unimportant thing #3: I'm totally intrigued by Twitter but can't help wondering: since my mom is dead, is there anyone left who really is interested in the updates on the minutiae of my day? Apparently so since strangers are signing up for my "feed."

Unimportant thing #4: TBBITW grew weary of the kids' music in the car and flipped to the '80s station. Now my kids ask for Bon Jovi, but in multiple ways...the latest being "John Moby."

Unimportant thing #5: It's been weeks since I stayed awake through Jon Stewart's guest in the original telecast. I just can't do it anymore. Distressing.

Unimportant thing #6: I am a somewhat obsessive recycler. I have stations on every floor (we're in a split level) for paper and plastic bags. This drives my husband crazy, who is a willing and eager participant on the main floor (kitchen etc.) but who really seems to feel like recycling the paper in the bedroom level is a bridge too far. This means I'm trying to stay one step ahead of him, mostly with things like dry cleaner bags and empty saline bottles, so I can get them to the appropriate recycling staging place in our house.


Tag:
Don't Eat Baby
Your God Loves Me Too
Life in the Hundred Acre Wood (I know, you have a newborn, so take your time but sometimes prompts help when sleep deprived, right?)
Dream Kitchen
My Life as a SAHM
trying to figure it out

No comments: