Sunday, June 24, 2012

MPM--And Just Like That...

...it's really summer. We're at the pool almost daily, unless we're at the beach (woohoo!) and it was way too hot to cook last week. Things have gotten a little better so hopefully there will be more actual food happening. But there were a bunch of nights of throwing cold or room-temperature fruit at the kids and calling it dinner.

And just like that...we've been married 17 years. Our marriage outlasted the traditional/modern gift list, and while we're not really an extravagant-present couple, my husband really outdid himself this year with a small-but-packed bouquet of flowers from a florist I love, to writing a haiku (17 syllables, get it?), to updating his facebook page with all photos from our wedding that he scanned in for the occasion. I lucked out 17 years ago and don't have to try to remember that every day.

Alas, my meals don't always reflect that. But now that the kids are starting camp again, I'm going to make more of an effort.

Monday: Dinner A'Fare chicken, CSA cleanout

Tuesday: Taco Tuesday for boys, pizza with my moms' group for me. Ahhhh....

Wednesday: This recipe, that I saw in the Inquirer, for Pork Strips with Carrot and Leeks in Chevre Sauce. I happen to have all but the pork in the fridge and it sounds yummy.

Thursday: Town Picnic! Wooooo! Last year, I brought my favorite corn-zucchini-tomato pie, but I'm not feeling it this year (we'll see what's in the CSA box, that might change my mind)...I'll figure something out.

Friday: We'll see how the week goes. We haven't had a soccer night in a while (too hot, too thunderstormy) so I might try something like the chili again.

Have a great week! Check out I'm An Organizing Junkie! for more meal plans.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

Happy Anniversary. What a hubby! Hmm, maybe I can use your hubby to drop serious hints to Mark. :)

Have a wonderful week. I'm glad summer's off to a good start for you.

Anjali said...

What??? How can you diss my favorite corn tomato zucchini pie??? ;)
It's such a crowd pleaser!

May or may not head up your way in early August. Will let you know.

Have a wonderful summer!

Oonie said...

Anjali, you crack me up--I dis it not, but the tomatoes aren't in yet and that's what makes the dish. If local tomatoes appear in the next few days, I'll revisit! Happy summer to you too!