Sunday, June 3, 2012

MPM--Transit of Venus Edition

Welcome to June! Birds are singing, tiger lilies are blooming (not too early, so we seem to be mostly back on time, unlike some of the other flora), planets are passing in front of the sun, and we're careening to the end of the school year. We have photography posters to do, kindergarten talent show magic to practice, and dive club to teach us to fly through the air. The last of us is almost up on his two wheeler (training wheels came off two weeks ago when he was ready, and it's just a matter of getting out of his own head now), so really, the last thing left to do is for it to really be summer. Oh, and my husband's surgery.

Yeah. Wait what? Hernias. Probably not a big deal. He's youngish, and healthy. And if it weren't for the abnormal EKG, this would be a cakewalk, but as it is--it's been on again, off again and we think it's on for Wednesday. So it's a bit of a goofy week.

Monday: bourbon-mustard pork, quinoa salad of some kind, and whatever veggies I can move out of the drawer.

Tuesday: Lego build. And transit of Venus. And dive practice. And we'll eat somewhere. Boy, I wish my kids ate sandwiches.

Wednesday: Surgery day. Maybe. Probably. We'll see. For now, the plan is that my in-laws will bring us dinner while they cover the home front for the various drop-offs of boys.

Thursday: Up in the air too. Leftovers and freezer meals, probably.

Friday: Graduation party, I hope, for boys and me at least. I said I'd bring a veggie tray. I can throw that together pretty easily, at least.

So I have to put in a plug here: lots of our meals lately have come from the freezer meal swap from my moms' group. One member has the book 30 Day Gourmet's Big Book of Freezer Cooking and she shared some recipes with us. We all chipped in to make and trade; so far we've had the orange chicken, the flank steak, and the mustard-bourbon pork and liked them all. Winning. Top it off with a fundraiser visit to one of the make-and-freeze meal places, and we're in good shape. Now if only the chef and housekeeper would come to make them and clean up after, life would be really good.

Wishing you a great week. Hope the astrogeeks among you get to see the transit of Venus in a safe and supercool way, and we'll take any prayers you have to spare for my husband over here. For better meal  inspirations, try I'm an Organizing Junkie!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

We'll keep the husband in our prayers!

Outside the Box Mom said...

Hi,

Visiting from orgjunkie. Love your theme for the week and Tuesday's menu. My 9 yr old son would love it.

Raki

Mom24 said...

Praying for all of you. I hope the surgery's on, it's successful, and all is back to normal soon.