Monday, October 22, 2007

Menu Planning Monday

Thanks to all (Mary Ann at Frugal Living blog, Org Junkie and Crystal's $35 meal plan) for inspiring me to stay with the "eat what you have" program. All I bought for this week were fresh fruit, the chicken breasts and some cilantro. Oh, and we were out of rice.

Busy week this week, with meetings, work, classes, you name it. And please keep my sister-in-law and her health care professionals in your thoughts and prayers as she has her brain surgery this week on Wednesday.

Monday: Leftover soffrito from last week (pretty good; will add to the rotation); rice; broccoli

Tuesday: Altered Robin Miller crockpot recipe for sesame red curry chicken (I can't eat peppers so I'll try it with carrots); rice; Trader Joe's frozen spring rolls to compliment

Wednesday: Lasagne (thank you City Mouse-Country Mouse!), salad

Thursday: Leftovers augmented by cabbage and kasha (never had this before but my best friend makes it and so I'm inspired to try with this head of cabbage hanging out in my fridge)

Friday: I'm hoping my sister-in-law is well enough for me to go see my nieces in DC for the weekend, so no cooking this weekend.

Can't believe this week is already here. The whirlwind begins....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a unique and wonderful meal plan this week!

Laura said...

Thank you so much for the Frugal Living link. Have a great week!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a yummy week! Good luck to your sister-in-law!