Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer is the Best of Life

Today's title is courtesy of Son 1, lounging on the sofa after a particularly long morning of video games while his parents slept. But it's hard to argue with him. We have been having an amazing time of it, doing absolutely nothing. Sometimes my type-A-ness comes out as I start looking at the calendar, thinking, Oh, no, we won't have time to do _________! But then I look at whatever we are doing--swimming, hanging with friends, reading Unbored and saying "I just lost the game!"--this, this is what summer is all about. And if I'm two days late with a blog post? No biggie. Summer really is the best of life.

Monday: classic summer. Burgers, corn on the cob, salad.

Tuesday: Duh.

Wednesday: chicken kebobs, corn on the cob, green bean and tomato salad. (I know--not spaghetti?! sacrelige! But Son 2 does not eat burgers so he had his noodles on Monday.)

Thursday: barbecued pork (slow cooker recipe, so a cheat), (say it with me) corn on the cob, watermelon and feta salad.

Friday: Leftovers, augmented by bake-at-home pizza.

To those still in it, enjoy these last weeks of summer. To those who are back to work and school: I'm right behind you so please don't begrudge me these last few days!

No comments: