Monday, May 27, 2013

Welcome Sprummer

My kids are a little literal and are not happy that Memorial Day is the kickoff to summer if they still have school and it is still spring. So, they decided to call this "sprummer" and bridge the gap. We had a great weekend away, even though it meant being in our fleeces against the cold...now this week we are looking at temps in the 90s--what a see-saw! This week:

Monday--at the ballpark. Went to a new-to-us one, this time in Harrisburg. It was a nice park and a good way to end the weekend.

Tuesday--Taco Tuesday, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Wednesday--88 degrees does not say "pasta" to me but I may not win this one. Still, I'm thinking of making it early in the morning (or on Tuesday) and making a pasta salad for the husband & me and regular (butter and cheese) for the kids--or I should say, "the kid who eats noodles."

Thursday--90 degrees, ball game, and swim team placements. Oy. Early dinner, so something easy but I am not sure what. I have the stuff for the potato-apple-sausage bake but that seems really heavy for a hot day so I may vamp.

Friday--Prom night! Photos of the seniors, then pizza.

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Yay! Glad someone got to get away. :) We're supposed to be close to 90 this week too, lots of grilling I guess, I'm a bit in denial. We're doing pasta, maybe I'll cook it on the side burner of the grill.