Monday, April 1, 2013

Recuperation

So, I misled you, dear readers, and off we went to Atlanta and Macon for the break. It was awesome. We ate local or semilocal the whole time--even our chains were Moe's and Waffle House. Shrimp & grits at the Buckhead Diner, home cooking in Macon near Mercer, peach milkshakes and fried green tomato sandwiches at the Rookery....and lots of awesome non-food related moments, too, of course, but this is a food blog.  Possibly my favorite? The seder, with an olive and an orange added to the plate. I adored that.

This week:

April fools! Tuesday on Monday: tacos.

Tuesday: Lego Build (so there's a method to the madness)

Wednesday: fundraiser night at Iron Hill (anyone local: if you want to come out to dinner for a good cause, let me know and I'll get you a coupon; it supports my moms' group this Wed.)

Thursday: Oh, I'll have to cook something. I think I'll make the chicken from the gyros recipe and skip the gyro part. Works for me.

Friday: The kids are doing backflips that Lent is over and we can get back to pepperoni pizza on Fridays, so who am I to say no?

Have a great week!

No comments: