Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday--Splenda Soda

What a wonderful visit to California we had last month! We had a great time...and only one of many good memories and discoveries: they make diet soda with Splenda now!

I know, I know...diet soda is not a good thing in general. SODA is not a good thing in general. But alas--I crave those bubbles like almost nothing else. They soothe my tummy and my soul.

But...after that pesky brain lesion, it was suggested I stay away from aspartame. (I know, there are no conclusive studies on this, but there are enough hints that SOME people might be more likely to get brain lesions from the stuff...and I have that pesky Lesion of Unknown Origin...so why take chances?) And then the triglycerides meant that regular soda was out. And I don't like mineral water, club soda, or seltzer, so I don't like the fruit juice spritzers.

But hooray! Apparently, while I've been paying attention to things like baby food, Splenda has made an appearance in diet soda! I'm so excited. I'm trying not to overdo but wow, I am delighted to once again drink a diet coke with the rest of the known universe. Or a black cherry soda with lunch. So soda with Splenda--that's working for me!

For more great ideas (and more original ideas) visit Shannon's blog Rocks in my Dryer for Works for Me Wednesdays!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

With a name like MmeGRL, I had to tag you!

Jennifer