Sunday, May 24, 2009

MPM--The Merry Merry Month of May

First, thanks to all who made brunch suggestions! I am sad to say I ran out of energy with the prepping and enjoying of the preschool graduation party, but I am ready to go for the next brunch round, which is not far off.

This week is a bit of the eye of the storm; back from the weekend, we have one relaxed week before the family races all over the Eastern seaboard for graduations (high schools this time) and reunions. I'm still trying to take it easy on myself for the week; it was lovely eating so many things last week that were so easy, it gave me time to prep nice salads and fruit-based desserts.

Monday: asparagus and goat cheese pasta from Smitten Kitchen. (You will soon note a theme here.)

Tuesday: freezer meal (I have a meeting); bulgar chickpea salad

Wednesday: I think my husband got tickets to the baseball game. But I'm kinda hoping he didn't so we can do a Wednesday Spaghetti.

Thursday:
chicken lettuce wraps
; rice; broccoli

Friday: trying again for teriyaki sirloin steak, sweet potatoes, and whatever veggie is in the CSA box (probably salad, maybe more asparagus, in which case I'd love to make this asparagus tart

As for last week...

The CSA started! The first box had spring lettuces, mushrooms, and radishes, which were a great salad with buttermilk dressing based on this Smitten Kitchen recipe. I doubled the dressing but next time, I'll only use half the sugar (if any); I really like my dressings more tart but this is a great base and used my chives beautifully.

And the box had rhubarb! So it was back to the Smitten Kitchen for her rhubarb recipes. Woohoo!

Have a great week, and don't forget to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menus!

2 comments:

brandy101 said...

Did I ever tell you about the rhubarb *tea* I made after getting tons of it in my CSA box last year?

You basically make a syrup of rhubarb, water and sugar and simmer it. You can find the proportions all over the internet. I loved having it over crushed ice and with a wedge of lemon.

But I think rhubard is one of those flavors people either love or hate. I love it; family did not!

Unknown said...

I'm doing some blog visiting tonight while watching "Raising the Bar". We just got digital satellite on Friday. We actually went without cable for over a year.
I'm looking forward to watching the new season of "The Closer".
Your menu looks delicious.
I hope you and your family had a great Memorial Day.
Happy MPM.