Friday, December 5, 2008

All For You

No, really, it's for me. Thanks to the Twitter tweet from Shannon of Rocks in my Dryer with a link to this invaluable holiday resource: a list of all the Christmas specials and the times they will be shown on TV.

I'm posting it here to share, yes, but also so I know where to find it. Pathetic, but there it is. I know most browsers have "Favorites" lists for things like this but mine are so overcrowded it's easier to just find it here on my blog.

Already it has been valuable to me to learn that the Grinch on tonight is not the one I have been looking forward to all year.

It's a bit hard figuring out what to show my kids. "Blockhead" has only recently been re-erased from the vocabulary after the Charlie Brown Halloween. And The Polar Express scared the daylights out of them in different spots, and neither particularly enjoyed Santa Claus is Coming to Town with the BurgerMeister, whose anti-toy legislation made no sense to them. And despite my completely unreasonable joy at Heat and Cold Miser, my one son is so frightened by them that he flatly refuses to watch. This leads to harumphing by the parent exiled with the boy.

This would also be a good time to update on 100 Days to Christmas but to be honest, between my 40th birthday (hello, I hated answering my age on the survey I took tonight) and a crush of reading, I haven't done a thing since last Saturday when I wrapped 15 presents (which you might think would be enough, but no, there are many more) and put up the outside lights. Inside, it might as well be June with the amount of holiday stuff. But reading marathon #2 ends Dec. 10 and I'll get back in the swing then. No, really, you watch. I will. Oh, wait, we did bake cookies. But then it was back to the grind, and they are not especially holiday-themed cookies (banana/chocolate chip; a worthy experiment with wheat germ and whole wheat but meh, not really a winner unless you are out of other desserts, which we are). But I'm sure they'll be excellent with some cocoa and some Christmas specials.

2 comments:

brandy101 said...

I saw part of Polar Express and I did not care for it.

We have original Grinch and Rudolf, the Red Nosed Reindeer on VHS (and still have a working vcr) so we dont sweat when it is on tv.

I want to get ELF (with WIll Ferrel ) on dvd because I think that is a keeper. Plus original (Natalie Wood) Miracle on 34th Street, Charlie Brown, and of course, Its a Wonderful Life.

Domestic Goddess said...

My fav is the Year Without a Santa Claus. Best. Show. Ever.