Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Good Ones

I cannot believe I was a terrible blog-friend last week. I knew I had something to share but couldn't remember what; it was a HUGE thanks to 4everMom for the link to the Dijon-Maple Chicken recipe. I made it with boneless skinless breasts (of course), some ancient Dijon mustard cluttering up my fridge, and the rice wine vinegar I'm working down and it was terrific. I highly, highly recommend it as well, and thank you for the tip! Clearly I'm the last one on the internet to find this recipe but I'm glad she pointed the way. It was not a favorite of the kids but my husband and I loved it and it really hit my happy point of sweet and savory. It's exactly the kind of recipe I need more of: marinade of things I have around the house that only need to be poured on at the last minute and baked. Love that kind of recipe.

Also, I went to a party for my moms' group and the awesome hostess had made Margarita Punch. It was insanely delicious and tequila free. (She had a pitcher with tequila next to it for those who wanted it.) If you like mojitos or margaritas--do not hesitate to make this. Now I need to figure out how to do this one or two glasses at a time.

This week has turned topsy turvy as has a lot of May...I wasn't thinking clearly at the butcher's so we're a little cow heavy this week....

Monday: steak, roasted potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts

Tuesday: Taco Tuesday

Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs/meatball sandwiches

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Pizza night.

My apologies to the bovines in the general vicinity.

Hope you are entering the Memorial Day weekend in whatever way makes you happy!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Mmm, I think your week sounds delicious! I'll be over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. :)

Funny, I still haven't made that chicken, now I'll definitely have to. Thanks for the review.

Hope you have a great week. How is it nearing the end of May already???