Sunday, October 27, 2013

Not Paying Attention

Last week was a bit of a lost week for me. I had an impromptu trip to Pittsburgh for the funeral of the father of my freshman roommate. He was a great guy and I was pleased to be able to make the trip for him but especially for his daughter, of course. Then we had a long-planned trip to Connecticut to see my niece and our mentee, so that was fun but also exhausting. So I am ready to have a quiet week at home.

Monday: pork roast with cider cream gravy (on sidebar) -- I cannot WAIT for dinner tomorrow. Mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower.

Tuesday: Tacos

Wednesday: WedSpag for the family, Smitten Kitchen's Napa cabbage salad with buttermilk for me (ah, CSA, I won't miss you when you're gone) (which is not a reflection on this salad, which I love, but rather the relentless march of veggies my family doesn't consume)

Thursday: pulled pork (already made!) with the in-laws before trick or treating

Friday: Our niece and nephew, ages 3 and 5, will be here so no idea what happens next but it should be fun no matter what!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Sounds like a good week. Good for you for having the pulled pork, we're going with grilled cheese or grilled peanut butter. Have fun with your niece and nephew, I love those ages.