Sunday, January 2, 2011

MPM--Really This Time

Well, I got off track with my anti-Apple screed last time. So here's this week:

Monday: chicken breasts (with Jane's Crazy Salt, nice and easy), roasted potatoes, cannelini beans with grape tomatoes

Tuesday: we'll try taco Tuesday again. I tried that in November, and even my taco-loving son got tired of them. Oy.

Wednesday: veggie curry over rice

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Not sure. It should be pizza night, but now my big pizza fan has decided he doesn't like pizza. (Insert .gif of me hitting my head on the wall here.)

Nothing thrilling, but it does keep me on track here. Wishing you a new year full of whatever you are hoping for!

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

I completely understand the nothing thrilling but keeping you on track. Mine's so boring this week I'm not sure if I'm going to post it or not, but I know it will help me if I do. (Yes, even knowing that, I may not take the time...and I wonder what my problem is.)

Would your son like white pizza? Jacob doesn't like traditional pizza, but replace the tomato sauce w/ olive oil and garlic salt and he's happy.

Anjali said...

Pizza is losing its favor here, as well. A suggestion that seems to work for us? Rotating Friday pizza night with Friday grilled cheese night. Grilled cheese sandwiches, edemame that can be defrosted quickly in the microwave, and apple slices. It's still fairly quick, with a little clean-up, and the kids like the variety.

brandy101 said...

I am struggling with meal-planning, myself. I think, partly because I am trying very hard to incorporate more frutis and veggies. Now, my daughter LOVES stir-frys with all sorts fo veggie combos and flavors/sauces. Husband, not so much. Its challenging. He's a meat/potato guy, whereas my daughter and I are happy to experiment with entrée salads, pasta-based dishes, etc.

And then again, NEITHER of them are keen on soups, which I LOVE to try.

*sigh*