Sunday, November 29, 2009

MPM--Happy Birthday Edition

Cue the Christmas music! My kids are sullenly adjusting to the loss of "their" music on the radio but they need to learn the songs of the season, so they can have HAPPY memories of the season, right?! We had a good Thanksgiving, and I was thankful that my side dishes (green bean casserole and cauliflower gratin) were easy and well received.

In addition to Thanksgiving, it was my husband's birthday last week, so we got to go out for that; this week is mine, so out again (woohoo!). Alas, those kids still need to eat so I'll figure something out. Hope your Turkey Day was great and your holiday prep is in swing!

Monday: turkey (sandwiches or with gravy), stuffing, cranberry salad (which I forgot to take to the big day--oh well), mixed veggies

Tuesday: Paula Deen's chicken pot pie from last week. Last week, I made the chicken but by then it was dinnertime. This week, I have the chicken done so I can move on to the actual recipe. Salad.

Wednesday: Ham (Trader Joe's now sells spiral cut! Woohoo, since our Honeybaked closed!), roasted potatoes, roasted beets, salad (or if I am weak, I will get potato salad from my favorite place)

Thursday: Leftover extravaganza!

Friday: Probably tacos, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

The weekend is birthday parties a-go-go, so I'm not sure what we'll figure out there. Have a great week everyone! Don't forget to visit I'm An Organizing Junkie for more recipes, links, and menus!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Happy Birthday! I can't bring myself to make a meal plan right now, I'm too worn out from last week to even think about cooking again.